Random highlights of the night:
- His house was BEAUTIFUL.
- I was asked to sit at the VIP table with the Ministers of Education. They were really formal and asked me a lot of questions about America. They are really excited to have the Fulbright English Teaching Assistants in Malaysia.
- There was tons of press there!
- I had a great conversation with the Public Affairs Officer, Bonnie Gutman, from the US Embassy about her job and her experiences working for the US State Department. She has served in 6 different countries through out Africa and the Middle East. She really loves her job and how she can help foster positive opinions of America throughout the world.
- The Ambassador was really nice and I got a chance to talk to him for a little while. His name is Joseph Yun. He has three kids and a wonderful wife. She was really sweet and surprisingly knew alot about North Carolina.
- I tried this Malaysian dessert which consisted of: bean sprouts, corn, shaved ice, coconut milk, strawberry flavoring, and red beans. Not my fave dish of the night but YOLO. lol
|Some of the ETAs along with Ambassador Yun|
|USA Public Affairs Officer Bonnie S Gutman (center)|
When I get stable internet and a stable home (instead of hotel hopping out of my suitcase), I will update you guys more thoroughly. Sorry for the delay, guess that how it beeeez some times. =]
Toodles Until next time