MY INTERNET WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UPLOAD PICS SO I WILL PUT THEM IN THE NEXT POST
- Hot..as Hell... But not a sun beaming, skin darkening, back beating weather. It is more like just hot and humid. It is still rainy season here in Malaysia so we have seen a couple of showers. When it rains, you just let it be. In the USA normally when it would rain I would try and run for cover or duck and hide; here...no. You just embrace it because it actually cools you down.
- ROYAL... Soooo my group of English teachers are living in a n reaaally nice hotel in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (or KL). We will be here for the next three weeks training before we move to our states where we will be teaching English. We have a rainforest shower, soft plush beds, cute comfy robes, and a banging view of the Petronas Towers
- WONDERFUL PPL... I am going to be working with some GREAT fellow ETAs (English teaching assistants) this year. I have met some REALLY cool ppl so far from all over the USA. Everyone is sooo excited to be here and so friendly. Some of the places and schools: Alaska, New Orleans, New York, Texas, North Carolina, California, Washington, DC, and Kentucky; Spelman, Smith, UNC, Trinity, Centre college, UCSB, and GWU.
- CRASH... So the people here drive on the opposite side of the road. The driver seat is on the right and you drive on the left. Needless to say my clumsy behind has almost gotten hit A COUPLE of times. Its sooo different. And I am sure that many do not abide by the rules of the road.
- TIRED... I had sooo many flight delays and detours! I am officially jetlagged. Also I skipped Friday. So I think Malaysia is 13 hours AHEAD of North Carolina time. So I left the USA on Thursday and got to KL on Saturday but technically in the NC it was friday night. We traveled through so many time zones that Friday was lost in transition.
- I went from Charlotte, NC-------->Chicago--------> Beijing, China -------> KL, Malaysia.
- RARO... (weird in Spanish) AS I was waiting for my flight to Beijing this old lady behind me just grabbed my bag and started pushing me....-___-. THEN the man two seats over from me on the same flight COULD NOT stay out of his NOSE during the ENTIRE flight (which is one of my pet peeves, seeing ppl do that). My luggage got stuck in Hong Kong (and still is :( ). For breakfast I had baked fish and potato wedges with apple juice.
- Loaded... Apparently KL is the third biggest shopping destination in the world. There are SOOOO many luxury stores here. The stores range from Luis Vuiton, MAC, H&M, Coach Michael Kors, and Gucci to Auntie Ann's Pretzels, Forever XX1, Tony Romas, and Sephora. Everything is here. There are 17 different malls just in KL alone.