Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fuzzy Goodbyes

(before leaving)

As I am packing and saying my goodbyes before I embark on a journey as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant in Malaysia in 2014, I cant help but to have a wide collection of feelings. There is this particular funny feeling that I have; It is like fuzzy wuzzy and ticklish inside my chest. It seems as if fifty million  little butterflies are fluttering around in my belly. It is a magnificently wonderful/ nervous chaotic feeling. These fuzzies have been sparked by my recent series of dinners and going away parties.  My family hosted an very intimate dinner at my favorite restaurant with all of my lovely friends. At work, my lovely coworkers vibrantly decorated the office and stocked my desk with decadent deserts. As one of my musically gifted coworkers pulled out his trumpet and played an impromptu rendition of the Boys II Men song " Its So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday", I began to weep, uncontrollably. Not only was I crying because of the sadness of leaving behind wonderful people behind for a year but also because of these reasons: 

  1. because I  am sooooooooooooo happy to have finally seen my dream come into fruition, I worked SOOOO hard for that Fulbright application; 
  2. because its wonderful to be surrounded by such loving, caring, thoughtful people (family/friends/coworkers/random strangers that found out about my Fulbright); 
  3. because I can't wait to step foot in ANOTHER CONTINENT;
  4.  because I am blessed that so many people worked hard for me to even HAVE this opportunity;
  5. also because once you start crying THAT hard (and ppl are looking) you have to keep it going, you have to give a show (I did lol, I'm talking the UGLY cry ;);
  6. and because he played the trumpet SOOO DAMN well!
All in all I am super stoked to be traveling to Malaysia in less than a week.  I want this new year to be full dreams come true, not just for me but for EVERYONE. I think this will be a good year.
I will post some pictures of  my goodbyes and my preparation to take on Asia. Feel free to leave COMMENTS and QUESTIONS. Also follow my instagram (wanderlustsoulster) so you can see all of my pics.

Toodles =]


PS so I am still getting used to blogging, so feel free to give me any pointers =]


 Mom been THROWIN DOWN in the Kitchen! She trying to make sure I am WELL fed before I go.
 Lovely Hummingbird quote 
"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes of love, joy and celebration. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation." Papyrus via Sherri.
 Pastabilities, with Family+ Ty+ Joi+ Kit Kat =]

 All Packed
 Cards


yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment